- 1 cup of uncooked white quinoa
- 5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of greek yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
Ingredients for the apple compote:
- 4 green apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 additional teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of water or more if needed
Ingredients for the oat crumble:
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the ingredients for the oat crumble in a bowl.
- Then, spread this on a baking tray with parchment paper and bake until it is golden brown. Around 7-10 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients for the apple compote. Bring everything to a boil, and then reduce the heat to low. Partially cover it.
- Cook until the apples are softened and the liquid is syrupy. This should take around 10 minutes. Add more water if necessary. Then take off the heat and allow to cool.
- In another sauce pan, cook the quinoa following the package instruction. Add cinnamon once it is cooked. Set to cool.
- To assemble, spoon 1/4 cup of yoghurt in a bowl, 1/4 cup of quinoa, and 1/4 cup of apple compote. Repeat the layer and then top with the oat crumble.