For the crust/base:
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 cups of almond flour
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
For the filling ganache:
- 1 cup of canned coconut milk
- 340 grams of bitter sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Toasted macadamia nuts
For the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, pulse together the almond flour, salt, and shredded coconut until everything is ground and mixed together.
- Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup and then add the almond flour and coconut mixture to it.
- Pulse until course crumbs form.
- Transfer the dough to a greased 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Press the dough into the bottom and sides of the pan evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 12-16 minutes or until it’s golden brown.
- Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
For the ganache:
- Place the chopped chocolate into a bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a boil.
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate. Let it stand for 1 minute, and then stir and mix until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Add in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the warm chocolate mixture into the cooled tart shell.
- Top with toasted macadamia nuts.
- Sprinkle a pinch of flaky sea salt on top if you desire.
- Chill for at least 1 hour and then serve.